AOC’s: 59K Electric RIDE:
Socialist ‘owns a $59K Tesla which she parks illegally behind a Whole Foods near her DC apartment’, despite vocal opposition to Elon Musk’s firm AND Amazon’s investment in NYC HQ
- Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez bought her first electric vehicle in 2020 when the COVID pandemic made her commute from NYC to DC difficult
- On Wednesday, a Tesla Model 3 car reportedly owned by AOC was seen parked illegally outside a Whole Foods near her luxury apartment building
- Her press rep did not immediately respond to requests for comment to the DailyMail.com
- AOC has railed against Tesla in the past for failing to give American taxpayers a return on the billions they received in tax breaks and low-cost loans
- AOC was also instrumental in thwarting Whole Foods’ Amazon’s planned corporate HQ in her Congressional district of Queens in 2019
- The Model 3 sells for up to $59,000 and is specially designed to travel long distances, capable of making her 228 mile commute journey on a single charge
- She earns a salary of $174,000 as a sophomore Member of Congress
A Tesla Model 3 reportedly belonging to Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has been spotted parked illegally outside a Whole Foods in Washington D.C.
Sources told the Free Beacon that AOC had been seen driving a white Tesla in the neighborhood.
OC’s press rep did not immediately respond to DailyMail.com for requests for comment.
In October 2020, the NYC Congresswoman revealed she had bought an electric vehicle to avoid having to take public transport to commute from New York City to DC during the COVID pandemic.
The story prompted surprised reactions online that AOC might have purchased a Tesla, as the socialist firebrand has pledged to railed against the billions of dollars in low-interest loans and tax breaks that had helped the company become the leading electric vehicle company in the world.
‘If AOC paid the same tax rates as I do.. that would eat up about 43% of her after tax income (assuming that’s the low end Model 3: MSRP $39,490) Congress makes $174,000/yr. pretax.’ former Fox News host Eric Bolling said.
AOC has also described billionaires as a ‘policy failure’.
Even after a recent slump in Tesla’s share price, Musk, 49, is worth an estimated $160 billion.
Others pointed out the irony of her car being spotted outside a Whole Foods, after AOC famously thwarted its parent company Amazon’s attempts to build an enormous new corporate campus in her home district of Queens.
CEO Jeff Bezos, 57, is the wealthiest man in the world with an estimated personal fortune of $200 billion. Continued: Daily Mail:
We welcome your comments below: