Ellen producer SLAMS DeGeneres for 'duping fans into believing she's a nice person'
EXCLUSIVE: Ellen DeGeneres looks emotional as she emerges for first time since she revealed she was ending her talk show… and claims she didn’t quit because of toxic claims
A producer who worked on The Ellen DeGeneres Show has come out swinging against her former employer – after the talk show host, 63, announced on Wednesday she was ending her program after 19 seasons.
Award-winning producer Hedda Muskat said DeGeneres’ show was destined for failure because she’d misled her fans into believing she was a ‘nice person’.
‘The viewers have spoken. Her ratings have been in the toilet for a long, long time now, her show has not been fun, it has not been interesting,’ Ms Muskat said on Australian breakfast show Sunrise.
- Ellen DeGeneres is ending her talk show after 19 seasons and more than 3,000 episodes.
- In exclusive pictures, DeGeneres is seen for the first time since news broke in her hometown of Montecito, California
- A source close to the host said “She’s has had enough and told her team that she’s done”
- Ellen later confirmed the news herself in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter where she called some of the claims ‘stupid’
- ‘When you’re a creative person, you constantly need to be challenged – and as great as this show is and as fun as it is, it’s just not a challenge anymore,’ she said
We invite your thoughtful remarks below: