Gunman kills six at birthday party turns gun on himself: Children 'spared' in horror Attack by victim's boyfriend
- Six people were killed at a Colorado Springs birthday party early Sunday morning, when a gunman opened fire
- Another victim succumbed to his injuries at a local hospital a short time later
- When the victim finished shooting, he allegedly took his own life
- Children at the scene were unharmed and are currently with relatives
- Police are now investigating the shooting
After fatally shooting six including his girlfriend gunman kills himself at a birthday party in Colorado Springs. He spared the horror stricken children present.
Officers arrived after midnight and found six dead adults and a man with serious injuries who later died of injuries.
‘The suspect, a boyfriend of one of the female victims, drove to the residence, walked inside and began shooting people at the party before taking his own life,’ said a statement released by the Colorado Springs Police Department.
A motive has yet to be determined for the massacre at a trailer park. Police have not identified the shooter or victims. Children at the shooting were placed with relatives.
‘Words fall short to describe the tragedy that took place this morning,’ said Colorado Springs Police Chief Vince Niski.
‘This is something you hope never happens in your own community, in the place that you call home,’ he said. ‘When these types of unspeakable acts happen, there is nothing that can be done to fully rebuild what was lost or replace those who are no longer with us.’
“The department will do everything it can to ‘find you the answers you deserve and be here for you with unwavering support.”
We invite thoughtful comments below: